The TR12 drivetrain system is the result of an intimate development relationship with 5x DH World Cup Overall Champion, Aaron Gwin, and his personal mechanic, John Hall. From start to finish, the project spanned more than two full years of conceptualizing to achieve this high-performance design.
The new TR12 rear derailleur is able to provide a quiet and accurate ride over the roughest trails. The key feature to this pursuit is the Hall Lock. During the Race season, lead mechanic for Intense Factory Racing, John Hall, noticed excessive movement around the B-knuckle when riding over rough rock gardens and in tracked out corners. This was leading to more chain skipping and slapping creating possible variances in shifting. This inspired John's idea to lock the B-knuckle to the bike's derailleur hanger. TRP engineers worked closely with Hall to create this feature, The Hall Lock.
- Hall Lock
- G-Spec Ratchet Clutch
- G-Spec finishing touches
- Carbon fiber cage & upper link
- Extra-wide parallelogram pivot
- Sealed cartridge bearing pulleys
Ergonomics are key to Aaron, which is why he wanted something a little different. As a result, TRP engineers looked at the cable release lever's ergonomics and devised a system to move it in a linear path to mimic the motion of a rider's thumb, rather than rotating it away. This unique positioning allows for a more consistent contact patch providing overall better grip and shifting performance when the trail gets rowdy.
- Shift levers designed and located for optimum performance by Aaron Gwin
- New linear actuation for improved ergonomics and consistent thumb contact
- Enhanced grip & tactile feel built into lever paddles: embossed grooves on advance and release lever
- Carbon fiber upper housing & advance lever position with brake lever
- Ball bearing equipped
- 12 speed
- Tool-free straight-lace cable changes
- Rider-adjustable home position of lower lever with a 40-degree range
|Long Cage / Black / Right / 12-speed||04717592032994||ABDS000001||TRP39746535K|